This is one of my all time favourite desserts. If it features on a menu at a restaurant then I’m on it!
I used to have it delivered all the time from a restaurant which sounds like Shmizza Mut, but as soon as I discovered that I could make it myself, with very simple ingredients, that was it. Sorry Shmizza Mut.
100g brown sugar
100g caster sugar
200g self raising flour
100g chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 180c/ Gas Mark 4.
2. Mix the butter and sugars together until the mixture is light brown and creamy textured.
3. Whisk an egg with vanilla and gradually pour into the butter mixture whilst mixing. Add the chocolate chips and mix again thoroughly.
4. Fold in the flour, adding a bit at a time. The dough should be combined but have a slightly sticky texture.
5. Spoon the cookie dough mixture into a deep dish tray (beware, it will spread!)
6. Out in the oven to bake for approximately 20minutes. Check to see that it is cooked- you want it light brown on the outside but slightly gooey in the centre. Do not be afraid of the goo! Overcook it and you’ll just have a standard albeit massive cookie!
Enjoy with a scoop of your favourite ice cream! 🍦