I loooove Indian spices. My dream is to visit India one day and eat as many of the divine foods that they have there. But for now, I have to be content with my own Indian inspired meals.
Tandoori chicken has always been a particular favourite of mine; there’s just something about the unique mix of flavours and the captivating red colour which always seduce me.
If you are as crazy about tandoori chicken as I am then try out this recipe and let me know what you think! It is so simple to prepare and tastes so fresh and authentic when cooked that you might even prefer it to your local takeaway!
For the tandoori chicken:
6 chicken drumsticks
4 tablespoons of Tandoori Masala powder
3 tablespoons of natural youghurt
1 chopped red onion
2 tablespoons of coriander powder
1 teaspoon of salt
1 1/2 teaspoons of chilli powder
2 teaspoons of garlic powder
1 handful of fresh coriander, chopped finely
For the mint yoghurt:
1 teaspoon of mint sauce
3 tablespoons of natural yoghurt
1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Make the mint yoghurt first by mixing the yoghurt, mint sauce and lemon juice together in a bowl. Leave to cool in the fridge until ready to serve with the chicken 😊
- Place the drumsticks in a dish and evenly sprinkle with all of the dried ingredients
- Add the natural yoghurt and mix with the dried ingredients until all the drumsticks are covered
- Add the chopped onions and leave to marinate for 1 hour
- Whilst waiting, preheat the oven to gas mark 7/218c
- Put the drumsticks into the oven to cook for 1hr 45 minutes, turning them over half way
- Sprinkle the drumsticks with fresh coriander when cooked and dollop a spoon of mint yoghurt at the side
- Best served with pilau rice, naan bread and an ice cold beer!