What should you do with all of those sorry looking vegetables that were leftover from Christmas? Turn them into soup of course!
Carrot and coriander soup is a particular favourite of mine. Not only is it delicious and comforting; it is super-easy to make too!
3 large carrots, washed and chopped
1 chopped onion
1 teaspoon of dried coriander
A sprig of fresh coriander, chopped
1/2 a packet of chicken cuppa soup
A pinch of black pepper
A dollop of Creme Fraiche (optional)
1. Heat some vegetable oil in a pot and add the onions and carrots until they soften. Season with the pepper and dried coriander.
2. Pour water over the carrots until they are submerged and leave for 15-20minutes to boil until the carrots go soft. Add the fresh corriander and stir in.
3. Take the pot off the heat for a minute and blitz the soup until it is completely smooth.
4. Put the soup back on the heat and stir in the cuppa soup mixture. The soup will thicken up so you may need to add a little more water and then some salt to taste.
5. Serve with a dollop of cold, creamy creme fraiche and some crusty bread, then enjoy!