Have you ever bought a multi-pack of mini cereals and ended up wasting the plain cornflakes? Well now you can use them up!
My Cornflake Chews are perfect for when you are peckish and want a tasty snack; they are crunchy, buttery, with an almost toffee-like texture. They’re quite addictive, so be careful! Of course they’re also easy peasy to make and are an ideal way to make cornflakes more exciting! (No offence to those who actually are excited by them 😳😬)
2 handfuls or miniature packs of plain cornflakes (or frosted flakes)
70g Self raising flour
125g Unsalted butter
75g Caster sugar
1 capful of vanilla essence
1. Preheat the oven to 200c/ Gas mark 5 and prepare a tray with some baking paper
2. Cream the butter and the sugar until smooth, then add the vanilla
3. Fold in the flour and mix in the cornflakes, crush them in as you fold the mixture. (The mixture will look quite moist and you might be tempted to add more flour but never fear! This is how it is supposed to look.)
4. Take small spoonfuls of the mixture and place on the tray. Each blob of mixture should be about 2cm apart
5. Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown. Wait until cool and crunchy to have a munch!