It’s time to celebrate the humble potato. In desperate times of need, when the fridge is near empty, it is always there to save the day. Whether baked, mashed, roasted or fried I’m always partial to a potato side.
Today was one of those desperate days. I didn’t feel like eating rice again for the 3rd time this week so I had to whip out my bag of potatoes and conjure up an exciting side to go with the leftover chilli from yesterday!
So my gift to you today is my dangerously good seasoned wedges. They’re called dangerously good for a reason… make sure that you have someone to share these with or you might find yourself in danger of eating the lot! This is seriously cheap to make too, with the ingredients costing under £5 (assuming you already have butter, oil and salt 😊). Here’s the recipe:
5 medium sized potatoes
1 1/2 tablespoons of paprika
1 teaspoon of chilli powder
1 tablespoon of mixed herbs
1/2 tablespoon of garlic powder
1 teaspoon of salt
1 tablespoon of butter melted
1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Preheat your oven to gas mark 7/ 220.c
- Drizzle the olive oil onto a large baking tray and place in the oven to heat up
- Cut the potatoes into wedges (cut them in half first then cut one half longways into 4-5 wedges)
- Put the wedges into a large pot and boil them for 15 minutes until slightly soft
- After the wedges have boiled, drain and place them onto the oiled baking tray
- Lightly brush the wedges with the melted butter then evenly sprinkle the paprika, mixed herbs, garlic powder, chilli powder and salt over them
- Cook for 20-25 minutes, turning halfway, until browned and crispy. Enjoy!